ARLINGTON VILLAGE HALL
Registered Charity No. 305159
CONDITIONS OF HIRE FOR THE USE OF THE HALL
(REVISED APRIL 2018)
1 .HIRE –Application for the hire of the hall and its facilities shall be made to the Booking Clerk: Mrs Carole Vine, Thornwell Lake Farm, Wilmington, Polegate, East Sussex BN26 6RN Tel. 01323 489200 email: email@example.com
(Emergency numbers: Carole Vine 07341 660046; Tony Johnson 07887 371467)
The right to refuse any application received for hire of the hall, without assigning any reason, is reserved by the Committee or by the Chairperson acting on their behalf. The period of hire is strictly that agreed with the Booking Clerk and must not be exceeded. It is the responsibility of those hiring the hall (hereinafter call the HIRER) to make known these rules to all persons participating in the activities for which the hall has been hired. Any functions are to finish by 11.00 p.m. and both the hall and car park to be vacated by 11.30 p.m.
With regard to Safeguarding, it is the responsibility of any organisation who wishes to use the hall for activities which will involve vulnerable users, in particular children and young people, to have appropriate safeguarding policies and event supervision arrangements in place. Details must be provided to the Village Hall Committee prior to the hire of the hall.
- CHARGES – The hire charge for the hall is set at £16.00 per hour (reviewed annually). A special rate of £11.00 an hour is available for residents of Arlington. All breakages and damage must be paid for. The hire times must include the setting up and clearing up – the charges will start and finish from the collection and return of the key.
- CAR PARKING –All cars belonging to persons attending the hall will be parked in the adjacent car park and not on roadways in the village or in the car park of the Yew Tree Inn.
Please do not obstruct the entrance or exit of the car park. To maximise parking, vehicles should be parked on the reinforced grass areas close to the hall and fences, but cars must not be parked on the patio on the south side of the hall. Except for unloading, vehicles should not be parked in the area between the front entrance and the road. This should be kept clear for emergency vehicles. There is ample parking, if additional overflow parking is required, it may be possible to arrange for parking in the adjacent Glebe Field for an extra £25.00. If the field is required for an event the charge will be £100 to cover the cost of prior mowing for the event.
- ALCOHOL – No alcoholic drinks are permitted to be sold or consumed on the premises without permission from the Committee. It is the responsibility of the Hirer to obtain any Event Notices/Licences from Wealden District Council/Police – an additional approved signed copy must be sent to the Bookings Clerk for forwarding to the Committee for their approval.
- BETTING, GAMING & LOTTERIES –Nothing shall be done on or in the premises in contravention of the law relating to betting, gaming & lotteries. The HIRER shall be responsible for seeing that the requirements of the relevant legislation are strictly observed.
- PUBLIC ENTERTAINMENT – It is the responsibility of the hirer to obtain any necessary licenses.
- SAFETY & SECURITY –Nothing shall be done that might invalidate our cover under the insurance policy – a copy of which is on display in the hall. Fire appliances must be kept in place and used for no other purpose, and no obstructions must be placed in exits.
The Hirer needs to check whether they need insurance for the event that they are holding. If there is an accident whilst taking part in their activities e.g. falling from a bouncy castle; tripping over wires to speakers and injuries whilst taking part in such things as Yoga, this will not be covered by our insurance. The Hirer should carry out a risk assessment to ensure that the village hall is fit for purpose. Arlington Village Hall is covered by its own Public Liability Insurance. However, there are some exceptions to this cover. If you require further information, please contact Arlington Village Hall Treasurer Jackie Appleton firstname.lastname@example.org.
- SMOKING – Smoking is not permitted in any part of the building.
The Heaters in the hall are set to 4. If you need more heating lift the flap on each heater and push to slider up to 6 or 7. The heat comes through quickly and then maintains the temperature. Please remember to put the slider back to 4 before leaving the premises. The heaters will be turned off in the summer. If heat is required switch them on but remember to switch off before you leave.
- PRIOR TO LEAVING –The HIRER will check before leaving the premises that:
- All Heaters have been returned to 4 on the scale. In the summer please check that all heaters are switched off at the plug.
- All electric lights have been switched off except for switch for outside light labelled timed.
- All windows and doors have been locked and bolted – Special attention being paid to Fire Exit adjacent to the kitchen to ensure that it has been locked by lifting up the bar.
- USE OF EQUIPMENT – please make sure that:
- After use all equipment is cleaned, dried and returned to its allocated place
- Tables and chairs are not dragged across the floors
- Tables must be stowed in the cupboard where they were found, upright, top to top or legs to legs. Chairs must be stacked in piles of not more than four in the place where they were found. Half the chairs are stored in the cupboard adjacent to the kitchen and half in the committee room.
- CLEANING – All users are expected to leave the hall in a clean condition; otherwise an additional charge will be made. The cleaning materials are stored in the cupboard in the Lobby.
- DISPOSAL OF WASTE – Please remove all waste and rubbish. A bottle bank is situated in The Yew Tree Inn car park.
- NO NUISANCE TO LOCAL RESIDENTS WILL BE TOLERATED
- Excessive levels of noise produced by the playing of recorded music or musical instruments, inside or outside of the hall, is prohibited
- Car radios or any other form of music system must not be used in the car park
- Fireworks are prohibited
- Excessive noise created by children outside the hall is unacceptable; parents or guardians will ensure that this does not happen
- Users of the hall will arrive and depart with the minimum of noise
- Functions will finish by 11 p.m. and the car park to be vacated by 11.30 p.m (unless prior approval has been granted by the Committee)
- Please consider local residents when leaving the car park
I/We certify that I/we have received a copy of the Rules for the use of Arlington Village Hall and agree to abide by them.
Signed ……………………………… Print Name… … … … … … … … … …
Please sign above and return to:
The Booking Clerk – Carole Vine
Thornwell Lake Farm – Wilmington Polegate
East Sussex BN26 6RN
For regular users a single signed copy will be held on file.